Become A Member of The Animal Haven Legacy Society
A legacy gift is a planned future gift that designates a part of a person’s estate as a donation to a nonprofit organization upon his or her death.
Make a legacy gift to The Animal Haven and know that you will be helping homeless, abandoned and surrendered dogs and cats for years to come!
When you let us know that you have made a legacy gift to The Animal Haven, we will enroll you in the Legacy Society to recognize and honor your generosity and to encourage others to follow your example. You simply need to fill out and submit the Letter of Intent or fill out the pdf version of the Letter of Intent and mail it to:
The Animal Haven, Inc.
89 Mill Road
North Haven, CT 06473
Attn: Linda Marino
or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information regarding the many ways to make a legacy gift to The Animal Haven is available in The Animal Haven Legacy Society brochure.
The ways to make a legacy gift include:
- making a bequest to The Animal Haven in your will or trust by using language such as the following:
I give, devise, and bequeath to The Animal Haven, Inc., Tax ID #06-0735382, a not-for-profit Connecticut corporation, located in North Haven, CT, the sum of $___ dollars (OR, ___percent of the rest, residue and remainder of my estate), for its general purposes to be used and/or disposed of as The Animal Haven, Inc. may in its sole discretion deem appropriate.
- transferring a bank or investment account to The Animal Haven by using the “payable on death” or “transfer on death” designation
- making The Animal Haven a beneficiary of:
- a life insurance policy
- your retirement account (because charities do not pay income tax, the full amount of your retirement account will directly benefit The Animal Haven)
- a charitable gift annuity (you receive a stream of income during your life and The Animal Haven receives the balance of the funds upon your death)
- setting up an individually-named designated fund at The Community Foundation for Greater New Haven or other foundation to provide an annual revenue stream to The Animal Haven in perpetuity
Whatever you decide, we are grateful for your interest in supporting The Animal Haven!
Please Note: This is general information and is not intended to be tax or legal advice. For such advice, please consult with your attorney and/or financial advisor.
Members of The Animal Haven Legacy Society
Catherine L. Cole
Laura and Joseph Cricco
Troy and Michelle Donahue
Carol S. Garlick
Janice and Louis Giordano
Michelle LeMoine and Mark Carlo
Linda M. Marino
Laura L. Palumbo
Mildred C. Richard